why opera browser not working problem in windows system
Simple and efficient ways to resolve opera not working problem in windows system
Opera is one of the most preferred browsers by the users who daily need to access internet. It provides the high speed and secure internet to its users. It is having a great features comparative to the other browsers available in the market. Here we are presenting some of users query why opera browser is not working.
Apart from its excellent features in rare cases some of its users might face the issues like the opera browser not working. If any random visitor is having the same problem with their opera web browser you are at the perfect place.
Typically users contact the technical support team or the technical support executive to resolve the opera browser not working issues. Opera is having their own customer support team which is providing the excellent customer care services to its users.
Instead of contacting technical support executive or team, individual users can also resolve the opera browser not responding error manually by using the some fixes procedures. This article includes all the fixes to resolve the opera web browser not working error in windows 7, windows 8 and windows 10 operating system.
Solutions to eliminate opera not responding error:
To restart the system is the primary solution to any kind of problem related with the software. Restarting the mobile or the computer system can remove the 70% of the software and applications issues associated with it.
Restarting the computer system is essential to get rid of web browser problem because many times we used the computer system for the long time continuously. This might cause the overheating of the system and if the cooler fan of the system is not working properly in such situation then it may cause the software error.
If the restarting the computer system doesn’t helpful for you then here are some set of solutions to solve the opera not responding problem.
- Update the opera web browser:
User should install the latest version of the opera web browser for the best performance and advance features. After experiencing slow performance of their opera web browser user should check for the updates of the opera and install them.
Users can download all the latest updates of their opera web browser any timing from their official site. Here are the steps by executing which users update their opera web browser.
- Open your opera web browser.
- Go and click on the menu icon which is situated at top and left corner of the laptop or the desktop screen.
- Click on the option ‘about opera’ from the context menu.
- A new screen of about opera opens which provides the information about the current version of the opera. If the updates are available then it will automatically get installed.
- Opera users also need to update the entire plug in installed in the web browser.
- User will automatically get the notification when there are updates available of the plug in.
- User need to click on that notification and follow on screen notifications to install the updates of installed plug in of the opera web browser.
- Restart the system and open opera web browser.
- Reinstallation of the opera web browser:
Reinstallation can help to remove all the issues of the web browser. To install the updated version of the opera web browser user need to uninstall the current version of the opera web browser from the system.
Here are the steps to uninstall opera web browser for the windows 7, windows 8 and windows 8.1 users.
- Go to start.
- Click on the control panel.
- Select the ‘programs and features’ category from the available choices.
- After then user can see the list all the installed programs and applications in the system.
- Find and double click on the opera web browser to uninstall it.
- User should follow the on screen instructions to remove opera web browser completely from the system.
The above method can also use by windows 10 users but here is another simple to which windows 10 users can follow to uninstall the opera web browser.
- Press windows key + I from the keyboard.
- It will open the setting windows on the windows 10.
- Go to apps icon.
- In the list of installed applications locate opera web browser and click on the uninstall button.
- Follow the instructions displayed on screen to remove opera web browser from the system.
After the uninstalling the opera web browser from the system, users can download the latest updated version of the opera web browser from its official website from the smooth experience of the web browsing.
- Clear browsing data:
The reason behind the slow opera browser or browser is not responding can be due to cache memory. Clearing cache memory and temporary files in opera web browser might help to speed up the opera web browser.
User should follow the given steps to increase the performance of the opera web browser.
- Start the opera web browser.
- Click on the menu icon which is on the top and left hand side of opera web browser.
- Go to the setting.
- Click on the privacy and security category from the available option.
- Click on the button named as ‘clear browsing data’.
- It opens a now window on screen which consisting different checkbox.
- Click on the checkbox ‘cookies and other site data’ and the ‘cached images and files’.
- Click on the clear browsing data.
Wait for clearing browser data process. This process can take some time. Restart the system and open the web browser. This will improve the opera web browser performance up to some extent.
- Remove unwanted or faulty plug ins:
Many users have the plenty of the plug in installed in their opera browser. Some installed plug in user never used. User should disable the unwanted plug in to resolve the opera browser not working or the slow down opera problem.
It is also observed that some of the plug in like the java, flash and some multimedia plug in can cause the problems in the opera browser.
User can follow given steps to disable unwanted or faulty plug in from the web browser.
- Open opera web browser.
- Click on the menu from the top left corner of the opera web browser.
- Go to the extensions again the click on the extensions.
- User can also press the key ctrl + shift + E to open the extensions from the opera web browser.
- It is open the list of all the extensions installed in the opera web browser.
- Here user can select and disable the unwanted extensions from the web browser.
- Add no sand box feature/ parameter to opera web browser:
No sand box parameter offers the development and testing environment to the web browser. It is throws or ignores if any error occur in the web browser.
To add the no sandbox parameter into the opera web browser user can follow given steps.
- Right click on the opera shortcut which user can find on the desktop.
- Go the properties from the available menu.
- In the properties click on the short cut tab.
- Here user can see the target filed. Add ‘-no -sandbox’ after the double quote.
- Click on the apply and then click on the ok button.
- Disable the windows firewall or third party antivirus software in the system:
Sometimes the windows firewall or the antivirus software which we used for our system can be the reason behind the slow performance or opera not working problem.
User can disable the third party antivirus which is used by them or add the opera web browser in the exception list of the antivirus software. Many users experienced that restarting the windows explorer eliminate the opera not working or responding issue. User can restart the windows explorer by the opening the task manager. To open the task manager user should click the ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously. Then right click on the windows explorer from the available list of processes. Click on the restart from the available context menu to restart the windows explorer.
- Disable ad block feature in the opera web browser:
By default opera provides the auto ad block feature for the smooth and advertisement free experienced to its users. But some users reported that disabling the ad block feature remove the opera browser not working error from their system. User can disable the ad block feature by following the given instructions step by step.
- Start the opera web browser.
- Click on the opera menu icon.
- Go to the setting option from the open context menu. Users can simply the open the opera setting by pressing keys alt + p on the keyboard.
- Click on the basic option from the setting.
- On the left side user can see the check box under the heading block ads. User should uncheck that check box to disable ad block feature from your opera web browser.
By using all the above solutions users can remove the opera web browser not working, responding or slow opera browser problems in their windows operating system.
There are several third party applications or software available online which updates the opera web browser and performs all the above fixes by itself to boost the opera performance in the user’s system. Users can make use of such software available in the market.
If still user is experiencing opera browser not working problem with their windows 7, 8 or windows 10 operating system then contacting opera customer support team or technical support expert will help user to resolve the problem quickly.