The Update windows 10: Tips for user
People are now upgrading their system from windows 7 or windows 8.1 to windows 10. As windows 10 is the improved and extended version of windows 8.1. It is great platform to employees and organizations as it contains different features and it contains the increased level of security and protection features. Here we will discuss how to update windows 10.
With each update of windows 10 user get newer functionality and improvements in the performance with newly added features.
For the better performance and the latest features one should update the windows regularly. Sometimes instead of improving system performance it can cause problems to the system which causes frustration among users. User might face some problems while getting latest windows 10 updates download. and windows 10 update problems
Is it safe to download and install windows 10 update 1809? This is question in most of the windows user’s mind in these days because many users faced problem while updating their windows.
Windows 10 updates 1809 are officially released on 2 October 2018 but many windows users experienced latest windows 10 update stuck after installing the updates hence Microsoft was stopped distributing updates to users. But now user can installed windows 10 updates 1809 as solutions of most the problems are given in these article.
Users who faced problems while downloading and installing windows updates from internet can also install updates from the USB. User need least 5GB empty space in USB drive to install windows updates from USB.
Some of the windows 10 problems today user can faced after the windows updates and their troubleshooting are listed below.
Problems while updating windows 10:
- Delete files from hard drives:
Users reported online that they loss their data after installing windows 10 updates in their system. It is also observed that the missing files are hidden somewhere in the system e.g. Windows.old folders.
If user experienced the data missing or data loss after installing latest windows 10 updates then user should follow following three steps.
- Stop using device or that folder immediately.
- Check the recycle bean for the missing files. If the files are found then restore the files.
- Use the professional data recovery software if nothing is found.
To avoid data loss user should take back up important data before installing latest windows 10 update.
Microsoft strongly recommends extending or increasing the space of c drive before updating the windows 10 operating system. User can also free up disk space before updating. If user follows above steps then he/she can successfully updating windows 10 without any data loss.
- Audio issues:
Lots of user’s reports latest windows 10 update stuck and broken audio drivers after the windows 10 updates. User gets error ‘No Audio Device Installed’ on the system.
To troubleshoot audio issues like broken audio drivers after windows 10 updates 1809 follow the steps provided below.
- Open search box and search for device manager.
- Click on sound, video and game controller.
- Search for an option which has yellow triangle with exclamation mark probably Realtek device.
- Click on that particular device which has problem.
- From the windows menu, select device by connection.
- User will see the parent device Intel SST Audio Controller which stands for Intel smart sound technology driver.
- Right click on that parent audio controller device.
- Select properties from the available options.
- Click on the driver tab, if the driver version you have is 126.96.36.19955 then you might get incorrect audio drivers.
- If the drivers are incorrect then uninstalled the drivers and restart the system.
- The broken audio drivers after windows updates should work properly.
User can also manually reinstall the audio drivers from the bootable USB drive.
- Certain software are not connecting to internet after windows updates:
It is very common windows update problems today user can experience. Users are unable to access internet after installing windows 10 update version 1809.
If user follows following guide then it would help him to solve their internet connection problem after update.
First step user need to follows is to restart the system or computer. Open command prompt and enter the command ‘ipconfig’ and press enter button. After that note down the default gateway address of the system and then type ‘ping default gateway address’ and hit enter button.
User can also use the command ‘ping 127.0.0.1’. It checks the networking setup on the system.If the problem still remain after successfully pinging the router then user can restart the router and connect pc and router by using different cables.
Windows 10 is having featured of network troubleshooter which diagnosis and helps to repair numerous connectivity problems. Resetting TCP/IP setting might help user.
Use can also update the network adapter to fix the issue of network connectivity. There is possibility that current network adapter doesn’t suit to latest windows 10 updates.
If the system network adapter stops work immediately after windows update user simply can uninstall the network adapter driver or reset the network adapter. Windows 10 will automatically download the network drivers which are suitable to it.
If probing solved is still not getting solved then user can unable windows firewall and antivirus and check network connectivity.
- Icloud synchronization problem:
It is found by apple icloud is not compatible with latest released windows 10 updates. If user already has icloud installed on their system then it encountered synchronization problem with windows 10 updates.
Microsoft is working with the apple to solve the icloud synchronization problem. Apple recently updates the customer support page which states that latest version of icloud version 7.8.1 is compatible with windows 10 updates.
If any user is suffering with icloud synchronization problem after windows 10 updates then user can uninstall the current version of icloud and install the latest version of icloud in the updated system.
- Compatibility issues with Intel CPU’s :
The system’s intel CPU also gets affected by the latest windows 10 updates 1809.
Microsoft advised that not to manually update the windows until and unless users have the latest available Intel system drivers installed in the computer. Intel fixes the problem of compatibility with windows 10 updates in the form of driver 10.25.0.10 which consists of Intel graphics driver version 188.8.131.5286.
Before updating windows 10 user should confirmed whether they have 6th generation Skylake CPU or newer processors in their computer.
If system problem not getting solved after trying all the above solutions then user can reset the updates. To reset the windows after installing windows updates, user need to follow below steps.
- Type CMD in search box and Open command prompt run it as administrator.
- Once the black screen of command prompt open type the commands provided below one by one and press
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
net stop cryptsvc
Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
net start wuauserv
net start bits
net start cryptsvc
- After successfully running all the commands, user can restart the desktop computer or laptop and try to update windows again. These commands uninstall the updates of windows 10 and restore it back.
If windows user is unable to find solutions to windows 10 updates problems then user can mailed the problem to Microsoft support team and get the help from customer executive via email.