Most Common Mac Issues and their Fixes
Most Common Mac Issues and their Fixes
Apple is famous for its awesome online support and answering the issues with minimum response time. There are large numbers available when apple users search for apple online support number. For the better customer services the call are connected from customer service members to specialized persons regarding your the mac issue.
Frequently asked questions to Apple support
It is difficult to find the correct apple customer care number from the available numbers displayed on the apple support page so some of the most common issues faced by the apple users and their solutions are discussed in this article.
How to .exe files or windows on my Mac OS X system “mac os update issue” ?
Executable files are stores with .exe extension. To run windows file format on Mac operating system, user needs to install BootCamp software or virtual machine with windows installed.
User can have free software which named virtual box and install the windows as a guest operating system in it. It is having the same features like commercial paid virtual machines programs but it needs to update regularly.
For the superlative hardware performance to the system, user can use windows with the apple’s BootCamp software. It makes the partitions of the boot drives, so user can install the windows in it and directly boots the system with windows. Users cannot use the windows system restore or other windows backup facilities with the BootCamp software. To take the backup user can use the WinClone which clones windows from Mac operating system.
How to find my images after iPhoto imports them?
Post iPhoto import, all the image files typically stored into Master folder which is present inside the iPhoto library package. As it is presents inside the package folder where normal Mac users rarely visit, users are unable to locate their image files.
User can export the image files from iPhoto and access it directly or can copy it to local folder. To do so go to
Users > Pictures Folder > iPhoto library after this right click to iPhoto Library and select the show content option from it.
If still user is having problems with iPhoto then user needs to reset the database of iPhoto.
To reset the iPhoto database follow the given steps:
1. Close the iPhoto software if it is open.
2. Keep pressing the command options keys on the keyboard.
3. Open iPhoto software.
4. Keep pressing the keys down until and unless the rebuild iPhoto library option get open in window.
5. Different options are available in dialogue box.
6. Select the options which you want to use.
7. After selection options click on rebuild to start the rebuilding process.
After the process of the resetting or rebuilding iPhoto database the recovered photos are stored in the folder named “Recovered Photos” which is present in source list.
How can I reset my password on Mac operating system?
For many reasons like security, changing user permissions user need to reset the password. For the better security apple support advised their users to reset their password after every 6 months. Here are the steps by which user can reset their password on Mac.
1. While booting, press the command r key on keyboard.
2. Open the terminal from utilities.
3. Type the ‘resetpassword’ and hit enter.
After resetting the user account password in Mac users are facing the issues with keychain because user needs to update the keychain password after resetting the user account in Mac. There might be possibility that your keychain software is using the old password.
To reset the keychain password user need to follow the below steps.
1. Go to utilities folders and open the keychain access software.
2. User can see the lists of keychain options on left side of window. Select the login option from the available.
3. Go to edit menu from the menu bar and select the ‘change password for keychain login’.
4. Enter the current or old password and new password in the respective fields.
5. Enter the new password in the verify field and use the same password to log on in the Mac.
6. Click ok and finish the password reset process of keychain.
How to do the maintenance of the Mac OS X?
Most of the Mac users believe that their machine doesn’t need maintenance but it is recommended by the apple service center to have maintenance of Mac for better performance.
Certain set of steps are there to have proper maintenance of the Mac operating system.
1. To fix the issues and problems related with security user need is to update the Apple provided software regularly. To update go to Apple Menu > Software Update (Repeat this step until it clears and all updates are installed)
2. Just like the apple provided software used also needs to install the updates of third party software. This can takes place by opening each and click on the update button. If update button is not provided then user can update the software by visiting its developer site.
3. Update all web browsers and check for any updates in browser plug-in and additional browser extensions. If available install and update them.
4. Reset the web browser caches.
5. Update the system preference files and the finder menu options.
6. If you are running windows or other operating system in Mac with the use of VM machines or BootCamp software then restore them to earlier secure snapshots and update all.
7. Before installing any third party software, make sure that you are installing it from verified resources.
8. Visit the Utilities > Activity Manager and do not let your boot hard drive or solid state disk (SSD) get filled more than 80%. For the best performance user should clear data if storage space is getting filled more than 80%.
9. Use the powerful antivirus to prevent the attack of malwares to your system. Mac operating system comes with its default antivirus ClamXav which is good for windows malwares which can attack OS X but less powerful to restrict the OS X malware attack.
10.Always have the clone backup of your Mac.
How can I reset my Mac to factory setting?
For some unsolved issues in the Mac the resetting Mac to factory setting is last and ultimate option to fix the problem. User can reset the Mac by following steps given below.
1. Restart your system in recovery mode by pressing command and r keys on keyboard until you see the logo of apple on the screen.
2. User can see the Mac OS Utilities window on screen. Select the disk utility and click on continue.
3. Select your start up disk and click on erase button.
4. Set the format as Mac OS Extended.
5. Click on Erase.
6. This process may take some time. Wait until the process is finished.
7. Exit from the disk utility menu.
After successfully executing all the steps all the data from the hard drive get erased and user can install the Mac OS X in the system.
User can purchase the Apple Care Protection plan from its official website. It provides the full support and fixes the issues with the Mac OS X instantly by making a single call to apple support number.