How dell printer drivers installing and updating: inkjet, laser
How dell printer drivers installing and updating: inkjet, laser
In this digital world it is very hard to survive without using the Smartphone and computer and laptops. We daily use computer and its equipment for business as well as personal use. Dell printer drivers is one of the most important tools of dell printer.
Dell is one of the most trusted and recommended companies of computers and its accessories in India. Dell desktops, laptops, workstations, servers, printers, router, switches are well known for its reliability pocket friendly prices.
Dell printer provide high quality printing in comparative less cost. it printers are widely used in educational and business purposes.
Dell printer drivers:
For the compatibility of dell printers with your system user need to install dell printer drivers in their system. A printer driver is converter software which typically converts user’s data into printer readable format.
While purchasing dell printer usually Company provides the driver CD with the printer. User can insert the driver CD and install the printer drivers in the system. The users who do not get any kind of CD with dell printer can install the drivers from the official dell website.
This article provides simple and easy ways to install the dell printer in your operating system.
How to install Dell inkjet printer Drivers in windows:
Dell inkjet printers are best for printing images and photos. They are having comparatively less cost. They are best suits for home and small business.
User need to follow given steps to download and install the dell inkjet printer drivers in the system. Before installing drivers user should remove if they have previous installation of printer drivers in the system.
- Visit the official website of dell support.
- Select drivers and download.
- Enter your dell service tag in the provided text box.
- If service tax is not available then user can go to browse all products > electronics and accessories > printer and accessories
- Select your all in one inkjet printer with its model number. User can find their model number on the front side of the printer.
- After selecting your model number fill details about your operating system.
- Select category from the application or OS deployment or imaging services and solutions.
- User can see the printer drivers which are compatible for your operating system.
- Download the printer driver file. User should note the file name before downloading it. It will help user to find the driver file in the download directory.
- Find the downloaded drivers in the system and right click on file and select run as administrator.
- Install dell inkjet printer drivers by following on screen instructions.
- Test the printer.
User who prints less images and graphics in their printing data can use the inkjet printers. As dell inkjet printers are having comparatively less printing speed user can switch to dell laser printer for better performance.
How to install Dell laser printer drivers in Windows:
The nozzles of the Dell inkjet printers can be get damaged if not being used regularly. Those users who required printers occasionally should use dell laser printers. Laser printers are reliable and are stable in nature.
Even if dell laser printers are having high initial investment Dell laser printers are ideal for educational purposes and business purposes where they have a mass printing requirements with high speed.
- Open the web browser.
- Go to the official website of dell.
- Click on the support tab.
- Scroll down and go to drivers & download.
- It will ask for dell service tag, Dell EMC product id or Model name. If customer is not having their service tag number then click on the browse all products. Select electronics and accessories and under that click on printers and accessories.
- Select your printer model from the available options. Customer can get the model name on the front side of their printer.
- Customer can select their operating system and the OS type 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Select the category from application, driver from OS deployment or imagining solutions and services.
- After this user will get the appropriate dell printer drivers for their device.
- Download the drivers.
- Find the particular printer driver file of extension .exe in download directory and run it by double clicking on it.
- Install the drivers by following on screen instructions.
Just installing drivers are not enough. Dell recommends updating the printer drivers to prevent issues and problems with printer operations.
How to update Dell printer drivers from device manager:
User can use the steps provided below to update the dell printer drivers.
- Press windows key + R on your system keyboard.
- Open the device manager by typing devmgmt.msc in the text box.
- User can see the list of different devices connected to the system. Under the printer section user can get the dell printer which is connected to the system.
- Right click on the printer name and model number and select update driver software from the available menu.
- After then click on the ‘search automatically for updated driver software’.
User can download the latest dell printer drivers from its official support website. Various third party applications and software are available online which continuously check for device drivers update and updates it.
How to install wired dell printer:
It is very easy to install the wired printer with your system. Following steps can help user to install wired dell printer into their system.
- Plug in the power cable of wired printer.
- Connect USB cable between printer and USB port of your system and turn on the printer as well as system.
- Go to start button then open the control panel from system.
- In the control panel go to hardware and sound option.
- Click on printer.
- Navigate to add printer and then add local printer.
- Select use existing port then click on next button.
- Select dell from the manufacture list and select your printer model from the printer list.
- After selecting manufacture and printer model click next to proceed.
- This process may take time. Test the printer at the end.
How to install wireless dell printer:
Wireless dell printer can be installed in the same way like we install wired dell printer. While installing wireless printer in system just makes sure that the printer device is nearby from desktop or laptop. Steps to install wireless dell printer are given below.
- Go to start > control panel.
- Go to hardware and sound category from control panel.
- Click on the printer.
- Add printer > add network Bluetooth and wireless printer.
- It will display the list of printer in your network.
- Select your wireless dell printer from the list.
- Click on next button.
- Type the name for your printer to identify. User can also make use of default name it displays.
- Click next and finish process.
- Test the printer by giving test print.