how canon b200 error fix on printer MX870
Reliable solutions to fix the canon b200 error on canon printer MX870
Printer is one of the most important peripheral devices used in every business, educational institutes and household too. Many printers are available in the market like HP, canon, dell and many more.
Due to high quality of printing and scanning of cannon printer in low cost they are widely used for the domestic as well as commercial purposes. Every canon MX870 printer user might comes across the error code B200 at least one time. After the canon b200 error occurs with the printer unit the orange and green light of the printer blinks 10 times.
The other errors of the printer like page jam, empty ink cartridges, no ink can be tracked but this error can occur any time and can disturb the printer operation. It is very important to get the quick solutions to the printer problem as it can cause the major business loss.
This article provides the detailed information about the common causes and the fixes to resolve the error B200 on canon MX200 printer.
Common causes of canon printer B200 error:
- The error B200 of cannon printer is normally related with the printer head. Faulty printer head can be the reason behind the error code B200 on the canon printer. Printer head is the component of the printer which distributes the printer ink on the print paper.
If your printer head is overheated then it shows the B200 error code on the control panel. Normal cleaning of printer head might helps to resolve this error. Sometimes users need to replace the printer head with the new one if the printer head dies or get damaged.
- Proper installation of the cannon MX870 wireless printer driver is also important as this error can also exist due to improper installation of the printer drivers. It is recommended that users should download and install the appropriate printer drivers. For the better performance of the printer users should also update the printer drivers regularly.
- Insufficient ink in the cartridges is another reason of the error B200 in canon printer. This error can also cause due to paper jam error. Many canon MX870 printer users install the foreign cartridges or the different formulas of the ink which the printer doesn’t support to save the expenses. This may leads to the error B200 on the printer.
User should always make use of the ink or toners which supports or the recommended by the printer company. This provides the best quality results from the printer unit and minimizes the chances to the error like B200 on the printer.
- If the printer is constantly used for the longer time then due to overuse and overheating, user can experience the error B200 on their canon MX870 printer. In such situations users can power off the printer, wait for some time (at least for 10 minutes) and again start the printing operation.
Users can turn off the printer and call the nearby technical support expert for to resolve the problem. Users can also get the technical support help from the official website of the canon printer. Canon Company is well known for the immediate and well technical support services.
However users can also tries to resolve the printer error B200 on MX870 by their own. As there are different canon printers available in the market some of them are having 2 cartridges and some are having 4 or more than 4 cartridges. A method to resolve this error is varies from printer to printer.
Here are the some fixes to solve the error B200 on the MX870 printer. These methods come from the problems faced by the highly experienced technical experts while fixing the error B200 on canon MX870. These standard methods are followed by the technical support expert to get rid of error code B200 on the canon printer.
Fixes for the printer with the 2 printer cartridges:
Here are the steps by executing which user can resolve the error B200 from the printer with the 2 cartridges.
- Power off the printer.
- Wait for few minutes and turn it on again.
- Remove the faulty or the problematic printer cartridge. It is hard to identify to know the faulty printer cartridges as B200 error code doesn’t provide any details about the status of the printer cartridges.
- Remove the older printer cartridges with the new one.
- Check the printer for the error.
- If the error still persist then replace another printer cartridges must be faulty, replace that with the new one.
- Test the printer for the error by giving the test print.
Fixes for the printer with the 4+ printer cartridges:
Users which are having the 4+ printer cartridges can follow the given methods to solve the B200 error with the printer.
This is one of the simplest methods to eliminate the error B200 from the canon MX870 printer. 90% users get relief from B200 error by executing the provided steps.
- Turn off the main switch of the printer.
- Open the printer head bay from the canon printer MX870 in the same way you open while changing the inks of the printer.
- Power on the printer.
- Start the printer and wait for the printer carriage to move left on its half way.
- Close the printer cover before printer carriage moves to right direction completely.
- Start the printer again.
- Give the test print.
- Turn off the canon printer device.
- Remove all the connected cables from the printer and the desktop or the laptop machine.
- Remove all the printer cartridges by opening the canon printer cover.
- Wait the printer to cool down.
- Carefully takeout the printer head from your canon printer unit.
- Clean the printer head properly with all the ink cartridges.
- Users can make use of good quality eraser or the contact cleaner to clean the contact pad present on the printer.
- Install the printer head of canon printer again.
- Install the ink cartridges too.
- Connect all the power cables.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn the auto alignment in the setting.
- Give the test print to check the printer.
Step 2 includes the normal cleaning of the printer head and the ink cartridges if still the canon b200 error of the canon printer MX870 is not get resolved then the printer head might required the deep cleaning.
- Open the printer cover and remove all the ink cartridges.
- Male use of alcohol (if available isopropylen alcohol) to clean the back side of the printer head which consisting electronic pins.
- After the proper cleaning of the back side of printer head turn of the printer.
- To turn of the printer user should plug of the power cord instead of using the power button. Don’t close the printer.
- Clean the electric pins on the place where you install the printer head.
- Confirm the total cleaning of printer head and electronic pins cleaning before installing it.
- Install the printer head.
- Install the ink cartridges of the printer.
- Put the power cord in the main switch an turn on the canon printer MX870 normally.
- Check for the error by providing the test print.
- Power off the printer.
- Remove all the power cables which are connected to the printer.
- Open the printer by removing the printer cover.
- Remove all the printer cartridges.
- Take out the sled which is used to keep the printer cartridges.
- Clean the printer cartridges with the water and the clean cotton. Users can also make use of the isopropanol alcohol for the best result. Isopropanol can be easily found in the pharmacy and provides the better cleaning results than water.
- Make sure that printer head is not blocked and golden contacts of printer head are not wet.
- Properly dry the every component of the cartridges you remove.
- Install the printer cartridges and printer carriages or sled carefully.
- Power on the printer by connecting all the cables back again.
- Give the test print and check for the error.
- Power off the canon printer MX870.
- Remove all the power cables from the printer.
- Open the printer cover.
- Push the printer head of the printer to the centre.
- Keep the printer cover open. Plug in the power cable.
- Start the printer unit.
- Close the printer cover after the printer head moves to the left corner.
- Wait for booting u the printer head.
- Test the printer for error by giving the test print.
Above methods are eliminate the hardware related problems with your canon MX870 printer. If canon printer MX870 user is still experiencing the same error after trying all the above five methods the there can be problem in the printer drivers or the canon drivers utility software. It is recommended by the canon to update the printer driver regularly.
Follow the given the steps to run the maintenance of the printers problem. This will remove all the problems in the printer problems if exits. User need to have an active internet connection while executing the steps that provided below.
- Go to start.
- Click on the devices and printers.
- Right click on the canon MX870 or your printer name.
- Click on the properties from the context menu.
- Go to maintenance tab and go with the deep cleaning.
- Click on the nozzle check button from the maintenance tab after the deep cleaning is over.