Brother printer driver: Info & Downloads – Printer Drivers & More …
Brother printer driver: Info & Downloads – Printer Drivers & More …
What are device drivers? Device drivers are the saviours that have revolutionised our lives and have made it significantly easier. They help in establishing communication between the computer and other hardware devices like cellular phones. Whenever an external device such as a keyboard, a printer, a mouse, a pen drive or a cell phone is plugged into a computer, it attaches itself to the system with the help of device drivers. All the actions and processes that take place thereafter are monitored and controlled by device drivers. here is brother printer driver info for easy to get help.
What are the different types of device drivers?
Device drivers are broadly classified into 9 following categories:
- ROM drivers
- Display drivers
- USB drivers
- BIOS driver
- Motherboard drivers
- VGA drivers
- Printer drivers
- Virtual device drivers
- Sound card Driver
ROM is the abbreviation for Read Only Memory. It is a type of primary memory that stores data in the system permanently. As suggested in its name, it is a read only memory, i.e., any data stored in this memory can only be read but can’t be edited.
ROM Drivers are the drivers that establish physical connection between the system and the ROM. This process is known as the abstraction where the user is unaware of how the connections are established yet is able to connect devices to the computer.
Fundamentally there are 5 different types of ROM, namely:
- ROM (Read Only Memory)
- Flash Memory
Without display drivers you will not be able to enjoy videos of high resolution. By this statement you must have gotten an idea about what is the purpose of having display drivers in the system. Display driver is the reason, you are able to use the video card. Without the drivers, it is not possible for the video cards to interact with the system and display the videos with good resolution.
I am sure you are aware of what and USB is. USB, i.e., a Universal Serial Bus is a cable that is used to recharge the phone batteries when connected to the adaptor. The cable is used for other purposes also, such as it can be used for transferring the data from the cell phone to the computer or vice versa. But how is this connection established? The connection is not a direct connection rather it takes place with the help of an intermediate which is a USB driver. A USB driver is nothing but a file of programs that allows the connection between a computer and a USB cable.
Before understanding the role of a BIOS driver, let’s understand what a BIOS is. BIOS stands for Basic Input / Output System. It is responsible for the initialization of hardware of the system while booting.
Whenever you switch on a computer, the first thing that is switched on is BIOS. In the earlier section we discussed about the types of ROM. In this classification we came to know about EEPROM and EPROM. This is the place where the BIOS driver is stored. BIOS driver is responsible for proper communication between the system and the hardware devices like keyboard, mouse, etc.
Motherboard is the heart of the system and is responsible for the proper functioning of all the processes that take place on the system. But the motherboard doesn’t function independently. It is dependent on motherboard drivers in order to establish a control over the various processes taking place in the system.
VGA here, stands for Video Graphics Array. In the earlier section we learnt about the video card which is operated by the display drivers. The display drivers are responsible for the resolution of the video whereas the VGA driver handles the software that is responsible for playing the video. This software can be any software which came preinstalled with the system or you have manually installed it later. Now the question arises, do we actually need a VGA driver. The answer to this is no. If your CPU comes with a preinstalled GPU then you do not require a VGA driver at all.
Printer driver, also referred to as print processor is a part of a bigger software stored in a computer. The Job of this software is to translate the data received by the computer in a format that can be understood by a printer. A printer driver is capable of pairing the system to a printer irrespective of what model it is. This is why it is essential to have a printer driver. We will be discussing in detail about the different printer drivers in the following sections.
Printer drivers are an essential component of the system that makes our lives easier to a huge extent. Whether it is getting a prints with sharp resolutions of an image or getting a resized image or text, printer driver does it all.
Significance of printer drivers
The process of a workplace is backed up and boosted by a printer driver. A printer driver helps the organization in a lot of ways. For eg:
- Communication between a printer and a computer (generic term for laptops, mobiles, PCs etc.)
- No obstacles in the process of printing
Sound card Driver
Sound card driver is self explanatory. It is responsible for the audio of the system. Broadly speaking, you won’t be able to hear anything without a sound card driver. Sound card drivers ensure communication between the sound card and the system. Sound card also referred to as audio output device, is an expansion component. It is responsible for producing that sound. Sound cards can also be externally purchased and are usually used for professional (as in for large scale audience that come at parties, concerts, etc) use. Without the sound card, the connection of computers is not possible with the speakers of any kind.
Speakers are the life of the party, can you imagine a party without loud music. Obviously not and this the speakers are necessary. Have you ever wondered, how do speakers function? The sound that comes out of the speakers wouldn’t be possible without a sound card.
Brother Printer Drivers
Brother Printer Drivers are a type of printer drivers (a small part of a software or a file) that fabricates connection between a printer and a device from which the command to print will be fired.
How do I install a driver for my Brother printer?
The process to install a brother printer driver is extremely simple. A few times the need to install the driver doesn’t arise at all as it comes pre-installed with the system. The drivers are automatically installed. In case you wish to uninstall the existing driver or update the existing one, due to some issues arising in the system, then the steps to install it is quite simple. Here is how can you install a brother printer driver:
Step 1 – Type control panel in the start search menu and hit the enter button after selecting the control panel tab.
Step 2 – The next step is to open devices and printers followed by Hardware and Sound i.e., Hardware and Sound/devices and printers.
Step 3 – After this tab open, select “add printer” option.
Step 4 – Select the name of the model you want to install, In this case Brother printer and click on the next button.
Step 5 – After you select the model, a manufacturer list will appear. From that list, select Brother.
Step 6 – Then again select the model name from the list and click on the next button.
In case the model you want to install is not listed then here is an alternative path that you can take:
After you are done with the Step 1, 2 and 3. It is possible that you are not able to find the model you want to install. Here is what can be done:
- In the add printer tab, there is an option at the bottom that reads “ The printer that I want isn’t listed ”.
- Click on this option. This will redirect you to another page that displays an option through which you can find your printer model by other options as well. You can either select a shared printer by name or select any of the following options:
- Add printer using TCP/IP address or hostname
- Add a bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer
- Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings
- Select the first option here i.e., Add printer using TCP/IP address or hostname and click Next.
- Enter the IP address of the Brother machine in the Hostname or IP address field. Make sure that you check the option reading “the Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use” option. Then click Next.
How do I update my Brother printer driver?
The steps to update the brother printer driver are quite similar to that followed to install a driver.
- Visit https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=gb&lang=en&prod=ads2400n_all&faqid=faq00100468_001.
- Then click on “> Click here to download the Full Driver & Software Package in the Downloads section.”.
- This hyperlink will redirect you to another page that will display a list of options.
- First select the operating system you are using from the options mentioned:
- Then select the version of your operating system. If you want to update the driver on a windows operating system, following option will appear:
- Windows 10 (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit)
- Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit)
- Select your version of operating system and click ok
- This will download the exe file on the system. After the download is complete open the file. As you click on the open it, a dialog box will appear. Select “Yes” option and finish the installation.
How do I setup my Brother printer wirelessly?
Steps to setup your Brother printer wirelessly:
- Connect the Brother machine to the socket with the help of a socket and switch on the machine.
- Tap on the menu button that exists on the control panel of the machine.
- Now you are supposed to select the network by browsing with the help of up and down keys present on the same panel.
- Again select the WLAN network by browsing up and down using the arrow keys.
- Press up and down button in order to setup wizard and press OK.
- After the previous option, WLAN Enable? option will appear, then select “Yes”.
This will establish a wireless network. After the successful setup, machine can itself search for all the nearby available networks and display the list. Select the network you want to connect to and follow by choosing any of the following options:
- If using an authentication and encryption method that requires the Network Key (Password)
- If your authentication method is Open System and your encryption mode is None
As soon as the connection is successfully established, you will be displayed a message reading <<WLAN report>>
Connection : OK
In case the connection fails, you will be displayed the following message:
Connection : XX
How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer?
This is the simplest part of the whole process of installation, setup and connection. Here are the steps:
- First step is to connect your computer or laptop to the WIFI network available.
- Second step is to connect the printer to the same network.
- Now you are ready to pair the computer and brother printer. Connect the computer and brother printer with the help of Brother printer driver.
- Select the option reading “Brother Peer-to-Peer Network Printer”.
- With the help of a USB cable continue the installation and select the SSID you want to connect to.
- Finish the connection by confirming the network.